First of three new sites designed for video SEO.
I’m concentrating on producing video that is optimised for search optimisation and as such is coded to be read by Google and other search engines.
This is often going to involve building web sites to deliver the video and to run the principle code, schema, to ensure they get found and connect to the right audience. We have just finished the first of three in progress.
Gabucci’s site was built by my programming company a few years ago and we’ve update regularly to promote the brands and particularly the service offered. Lockdown, however, changed the focus of the business from drawing footfall in to the Bath store to additionally selling online.
Our first step was to extend schema to promote the products as well as location and video and this led to an immediate increase in online shirt sales from regular customers ordering extra shirts to an addition of over £1000 a week in new sales from new customers.
Visitor numbers have also increased considerably and look to treble by Christmas from where they were two years ago. Significantly visitors have gone from a mix of pc and phone to predominantly mobile users and we have just rebuilt the site on a very well coded new theme built in Gutenberg blocks that is video, SEO and mobile friendly as well as fast, secure and distinctive.
The previous site was our design and built in php, primarily custom code from our then work with huge e-commerce sites as developers. It was mobile friendly for four years ago but things have moved on. It’s been a big job to bring all of that into Gutenberg though we had coded all the Schema in new Gutenberg pages over the last year.
The content will be familiar to regular visitors but just slightly faster and easier on the eye on mobiles. The new code will also help SEO further.
The next two sites are quite different. The first is being developed in Shopify for an artist looking to sell limited edition digital art online. Again we will use video and schema to promote but we will encourage customers to upload images and video of the art for us to build a video collage of installations and also encourage social media and social listening so that we can track customer requirements and start to help her build a brand focussing on their requirements. (the link above on social listening is to a post by HubSpot on social listening strategy)
The other site is for a coach and will feature training videos created in a mix of Adobe Captivate and Final Cut Pro from iPhone footage supplied by the client. As well as building the site, I’m helping create the scripts and setting up a facility to use a teleprompter with her iPhone. I have two much larger teleprompters that fit my cameras and I’m curious to try a teleprompter on a phone.
This is a collaborative effort as a graphic designer will help on the styling for content with both of us working on Adobe Captivate to create a series of containers for each video section. As most footage will be direct to camera aided with a voice activated teleprompter (a voice activated teleprompter may be the real best invention since sliced bread!) it should be easy to edit and I plan to work in Final Cut Pro rather than Davinci for this as eventually the client may be able to supply simple edits herself.
This is important to future proof the project as the client or another editor can add footage to the site at any stage, should that become a requirement. The code we write for the site and schema also will become the client’s property as a norm and whilst I hope clients will keep working with me, I’m keen to ensure that is always their choice.
I’ll update this post as the two sites develop.